- Appellation: Savennières
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chenin Blanc
- Soil type: Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Filtered - Light Diatomées microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 54 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Following the terrible frost of April 24, 2017, the harvest allowed us to fill 3 barrels with these chenins blancs picked with at perfect maturity in September, on our Savennières hills. Very rare fine dry wine.
Family estate of 15 ha farmed biodynamically (certified Biodyvin), low intervention vinification, producing gastronomic white wines from Chenin Blanc in SAVENNIERES AOP, loire valley.
Our vineyard has three types of terroirs with which we produce three different cuvées. Schist is everywhere. The « coteaux » constitute a group of parcels that we harvest for La Jalousie. The sandy top soil plateau parcels goes to Caillardières and our volcanic stones « coulée », single vineyard, is Clos du Papillon.
More from Domaine du Closel