- Appellation: Touraine-Amboise
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 30 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Average age of vines: 25 years old
Vinification: Grapes are hand-harvested. Fermentation and ageing stainless steel tank. Bottled the spring following the harvest.
Damien's first years on the estate were spent putting the vineyards in order. The estate is now certified organic and biodynamic. Spring de-budding, crop thinning and de-leafing (as required) ensure low yields and a beautiful ripeness that results in a poised balance thanks to the grapes' natural freshness that is the hallmark of the finest Loires.
More from Domaine La Grange Tiphaine