- Appellation: Vulkanland
- Region: Styria
- Country: Austria
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Blaufränkisch
- Soil type: Loam, Loess, Marl
- Vessel type: Wood - New oak, Wood - Old oak, Wood - Other (e.g. acacia, cherry etc.)
- Filtered - K300 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 20 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Buchertberg Red is our main red wine, next to Pinot Noir from Opok. This wine is ultra elegant with a very good length and lots of drinkability.
My name ist Gottfried Lamprecht. I am the head behind “Herrenhof Lamprecht”. The estate belonged to a monastery many decades ago. My aim is to recultivate this perfect slope for wine growing. Lucky me, I could start this from zero (there was no vine anymore!) in the year 2006. Now I can call myself a proud natural working winemaker. I never worked in a different way. Never!
The main thing I always wanted is to “put” this place, where I grew up – the Herrenhof, the slope, just everything, into a bottle of wine. Isn’t that a great idea, that a vine can reflect a specific terroir at its best and for many, many years? I really love this idea!
More from HERRENHOF LAMPRECHT