- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Syrah, Grenache, Riesling
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 41 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Rubellite is an experiment gone incredibly well. We started with the idea of making a fresh and lively red wine from our estate Syrah in a style most atypical to our region. You will usually find Central Coast Syrah blends dark purple in the glass, with smoked bacon, big, brawny chewy and high alcohol. This is not the case with this 2018 Rubellite! From the beginning, Rubellite dared to be different causing raised eyebrows as soon as it was poured into the glass with its ruby red crystalline color - "For heavens sake" one purist exclaimed, "You can see straight through to the tablecloth!"Calm down. Instead of running, screaming from the table, breath it in and you'll feel the lifted, minerals and flowers, bright red cherry and vanilla spice, the expressive sleek and elegant character as it slides down the gullet with barely a whisper of dissent from the senses that would detect high heat. The style is all about enjoyment and we like that sort of thing around here.Chill it when it's hot outside and ENJOY!
Taste it at...
- Los Angeles 2019