- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 30 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Brix at Harvest 23.1. Hand harvested and organically grown. The grapes were destemmed into 2 ton open top fermenters without sulfur. Native primary fermentation began within four days. The wine was pumped over twice daily for first week then decreased to once daily. Upon completion of primary fermentation (14 days) the wine was pressed to tank then racked to barrel after settling overnight. Aged 16 months in twice and tree times used French oak. 3,265 bottles produced and bottled February 2018.
Taste it at...
California, United States
COQUELICOT (ko-klee-ko) is the name “en Francais” of the striking red poppy flower that graces the French countryside, as well as all the labels on our wines. Our 58 acre vineyard is an organically farmed property in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. Sustainable farming and gentle, meticulous winemaking techniques converge to produce hand made, limited production wines.
More from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard - Rose & Son