- Appellation: POUILLY-VINZELLES
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Soil type: Clay|Limestone
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 55 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The Pouilly-Vinzelles appellation contrôlée has only 50 ha under vines (123 acres) in comparison to neighbouring POUILLY-FUISSÉ’s 750 ha (1850 acres). Isn’t it its singularity and richness? It goes without saying that this great white Burgundy wine is a full expression of a mature Chardonnay from Southern Mâconnais. Our wine is a blend of our « young vines » (23 to 48 years old) in the « Les Quarts », simply rechristened as a village AOC Pouilly-Vinzelles La Soufrandière. They are all facing south-east, in the middle part of the slope of clay and limestone. The soils are ploughed and vineyard work is carried out by hand to avoid tamping down the soil. The soil is really alive without any additives. The word « Terroir » really makes sense! The expression of fruit is seductive, full of charm.
Domaine La Soufrandiere, our family property biodynamically farmed since 2001
More from La Soufrandiere - BRET BROTHERS