- Appellation: Ovada docg
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Dolcetto
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 6 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Losna is an Ovada docg from dolcetto grapes hand-picked in Vicario vineyard -plantation year between 1970 and 2000- with 50 q. per ha yield. It is vinified in stainless steel tanks, with spontaneous fermentation (native yeasts only) and extended (2-7 weeks) maceration. Aging is done for 14 months at least in a mix of old tonneaux and barriques.
In the local dialect of 19th century, Losna means "lightning".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa, freisa). We are member of VinNatur and FIVI.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto