- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc
- Soil type: Clay, Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 15 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Grolleau noir 2016 macerated traditionaly with 30% stems. Aged 20 months in oak barrel (600 L). Blent in 2018 with Cabernet franc 2017 because the Grolleau was too light for me.
Very interesting blend pourcentages: 70% Grolleau Noir and 30% Cabernet franc, brings together the elegance and spices of grolleau and the tanins and body structure of the Cab.
Complexe wine but elegant and not too heavy.
Good for agging
My philosophy is to produce wines and ciders reflecting the diversity and richness of the terroirs of the Loire Valley / Normandy and to promote through various cuvees the complementarity of cultivars: grapes as Chenin blanc, Cabernet franc, Grolleau noir, Grolleau gris, Gamay as well as apples, pears.
I work only with gravity and give the wines time to finish their natural processes without adding any additives.
More from Côme Isambert - Cristal Closed