- Appellation: Saperavi Khashmi
- Region: Kakheti
- Country: Georgia
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Saperavi
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Kvevri/qvevri
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 33 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine is made from Pre-Phylloxera grapes, from un-grafted rootstocks of Saperavi Khashmi. Wine is made 100% naturally, without any additives, clarification, or filtration, and does not contain added sulfites.
All procedures in our vineyard and winery is manual. We handpick grapes, then sorting for selecting the best quality berries and crush them in Qvevri. Our vineyards are located in Khashmi, Kakheti region. Village Khashmi is considered as one of the best place for Saperavi grapes, and it is Protected Destination of Origin for Saperavi grapes, protected as “Saperavi Khashmi PDO”.
More from Chateau Khashmi