- Appellation: CHAMPAGNE
- Region: Champagne
- Country: France
- Colour: Rosé
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - tangential filtration 0.45 microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 60 mg/L
- Yeasts were added to this wine in both first and second fermentation.
- Other Information:100% Pinot Noir An intense, bright coral pink in colour A swirl of fine bubbles On the nose, a plethora of red fruits is perceptible, including strawberries, raspberries and red currants. A champagne that could be likened to being led on a beautiful sunny morning through a garden of delicate and candied fruits. This champagne has an exquisite nose that denotes good maturity. On the palate, it is elegant and full of soft, ripe fruit with a lovely fresh and spicy finish. …et sa jolie bouche gourmande en baisers m’a tout rendu…Georges Brassens Ideal with a first course or dessert, it will do particular justice to salmon carpaccio, fresh goat’s cheese with a raspberry sauce or a strawberry charlotte.
Champagne L&S Cheurlin, a story of a family and its terroir
Wine producers for several generations to date, the L&S Cheurlin expertise was initiated by their ancestors…
Sébastien still remembers long walks in the vineyards with his great grandfather Etienne, who would stand in the middle of the vines, teaching him to listen to and feel nature.
For Lucie, her sister, Etienne was a sort of magician who understood everything about plants and could heal no end of childhood ailments with herbal and plant-based remedies.
And they describe their father, Richard, as an epicurean and passionate of the nature. He used to tell them “the plants and the animals can tell us everything about the health of the soil and of our vines.” He taught them to respect the vineyards and to treat each plot separately as well as the wines it produced, so as to preserve each one’s individual identity.
With a childhood like that, it was only natural that after finishing their studies and trying their hand at a variety of jobs in the world of wine, Lucie & Sébastien were drawn to organic farming when they came back into the family domain.
Today they have 5 hectares of vines all cultivated organically and planted with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and a little of Pinot Blanc.
They’d be delighted to welcome you and let you taste their champagnes, made with love in their very special corner of La Côte des Bar.
More from CHAMPAGNE L&S CHEURLIN