- Region: Emilia Romagna
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Malvasia, Marsanne, Ortrugo, Trebbiano
- Soil type: Clay, Sand
- Vessel type: Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
Emilia Romagna, Italy
Azienda Agricola DENAVOLO was created in 2005 and produces local and traditional wines in the province of Piacenza, on the hills that divide the Trebbia Valley from the Nure Valley, two tributary rivers of the Po.
We are a small family estate, located in the great plain of the Po with a continental climate, hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
The oldest vines were planted in 1975, on a farm that we manage completely. The plots are located between 350 and 400 meters of altitude on clay soil, fresh and very limestone. Of these 2.2 ha are planted:
- Malvasia di Candia Aromatica
- Ortrugo (indigenous varietal only cultivated in the Piacenza)
- Marsanne (here known by its local name Sciampagnino, but is also the grape in the great white Hermitage)
- Other grapes that have not yet been identified, but without a doubt, are local varietals
More from Azienda Agricola Denavolo