- Appellation: Anjou
- Region: Languedoc
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chenin Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Gravel, Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 45 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Soil / Two plots : clays on black schists and gravels on black schists at top of the hillside Vine / Certified organically grown, full tillage, hand-harvest wine / co-fermentation of the 2 plots, malolactic fermentation, ageing 80 % in vats and 20% in barrels Spirit : Join together the two outsanding terroir of anjou noir in order to bring back the exuberant and unique taste of chenin. adding it a touch of tightness and grace
Taste it at...
“Les Equilibristes” (the “Tightrope Walkers”) aim to shake up winemakers willing to craft different wines.
By freeing them from their habits and practices, they intend to shape together a vibrant and unique wine.
Their set of golden rules are the following: indigenous grape varieties, organic winemaking, tillage, indigenous yeasts, minimal sulphur rates.
10 vintages, 7 winemakers, 18 grape varieties, 5 regions (Anjou, Périgord, Languedoc, Corbières, Banyuls).
The 2 Equilibristes:
– François de Monval: “wine merchant”, cellar and restaurant owner in Paris (La Canonnière), wine enthusiast fed every day by its clients.
– Florent Girou: “travelling oenologist”, winemaker in the Perigord Region, wine-maniac, torn between the preservation of the ancient know how and the constant calling into question of some practices.
More from Les Equilibristes