- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Nero d'Avola
- Soil type: Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 35 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Archimede: everything started from the purchase of this vineyard, with an old tree vineyard of Pachino of Nero d’Avola"impupato" over fifty years old. With limestone soil exposed to the south, and a density of 7,000 vines per hectare. In the vineyard there are many varieties of fruit trees: pomegranates, rowans, figs, apricoats, and a large palm that once was used to indicate the presence of a well. The deep roots of these fifty-year-old vines dig into the subsoil giving concentration and richness of salty and mineral elements. It gives this wine a remarkable breadth, with elegant facets that clearly distinguish it from all the other wines we produce. It is vinified in whole berries in steel tanks, it matures in barrel for at least thirty months, followed by aging in bottle for at least one year. This product does not contain any oenological additive. Yield in wine 17 hl / ha
Taste it at...
- Montréal 2019