- Region: Rheinhessen
- Country: Germany
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Silvaner
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: -10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 11.5%
Suitable for V&V
• Manual harvest
• 100 % Silvaner, destemmed
• Macerated with skins for four weeks in 2000 litre fibreglass tanks
• Racked into barrel and pressed
• 60% of press juice is used
• Spontaneous fermentation with wild yeasts
• Ambient fermentation in 1200 litre Frankonian oak
• Natural malo
TASTING NOTE: Delicate fruity notes on the nose, on the palate much more intensity with a rounded texture
balanced by acidity and minerality (which Sylvaner expressed particularly well on these soils).
We are Bianka and Daniel Schmitt, two winemakers from Flörsheim-Dalsheim, Rheinhessen. Our passion started in 2012 shortly after we met each other. The decision was made quickly and we began to go a new way together. All our wines carrying different statements and messages. To make wine gives us the opportunity to be 100% ourselves by exercising our creativity and enthusiasm.
This is our way to rebel!
We cultivate 16 hectares completely bio-dynamic. Our fields and parcels are spread in Flörsheim-Dalsheim, Monsheim and Kriegsheim.
More from Weingut Bianka & Daniel Schmitt