- Appellation: Vulkanland
- Region: Styria
- Country: Austria
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Welschriesling
- Soil type: Loess, Sand, Sandstone
- Vessel type: Wood - New oak, Wood - Old oak, Wood - Other (e.g. acacia, cherry etc.)
- Filtered - K300 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Buchertberg White is my favorite wine. I like the idea of a true field blend, because it interpretates a vineyard much more when several grape varieties grow together in one vineyard. This is my terroir project. Very true and down to earth. Very complex. It's the extract of this slope!
My name ist Gottfried Lamprecht. I am the head behind “Herrenhof Lamprecht”. The estate belonged to a monastery many decades ago. My aim is to recultivate this perfect slope for wine growing. Lucky me, I could start this from zero (there was no vine anymore!) in the year 2006. Now I can call myself a proud natural working winemaker. I never worked in a different way. Never!
The main thing I always wanted is to “put” this place, where I grew up – the Herrenhof, the slope, just everything, into a bottle of wine. Isn’t that a great idea, that a vine can reflect a specific terroir at its best and for many, many years? I really love this idea!
More from HERRENHOF LAMPRECHT