- Appellation: VIRE-CLESSE
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Soil type: Clay|Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 55 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:AOC Viré-Clessé has been a Cru du Mâconnais since 1999, the fruit of the unification of AOC Mâcon-Clessé and Mâcon-Viré joining the status of Pouilly-Fuissé, Pouilly-Loché, Pouilly-Vinzelles and Saint-Véran. Our Viré-Clessé Climat « La Verchère » comes from 50 year-old vines in the village of Viré, North of Mâcon. A pretty East facing plot of vines whose clay and limestone soils are ploughed to reveal the noble Terroir of Viré. Balance, citrus and minerality join forces in this beautiful wine. The 2007 expresses fruit but also minerality under its « La Verchère » expression. To be rediscovered bby lovers of previous vintages.
Taste it at...
Domaine La Soufrandiere, our family property biodynamically farmed since 2001
More from La Soufrandiere - BRET BROTHERS