- Appellation: None
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Barbera, Dolcetto
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Tasting notes: full bodied yet easy drinking, ripe red fruits and lively palate
Stefano says… “A frank and direct wine. It doesn’t pretend to be anything that it’s not. It doesn’t get you into any trouble. Pasta’s best friend.”
Food match suggestion: beef filled ravioli
Ageing potential: best drunk young, in the 2 years following the harvest, but can easily be kept for a few more years
We are a closed-cycle farm that has been practising biodynamic agriculture for 30 years. We have 22ha of vineyards, cereals, vegetable gardens, fruit orchards, animals and an agriturismo. We strive to make wines that are the true expression of vintage, terroir and the personalities of those behind them.
More from Cascina Degli Ulivi