- Appellation: Vulkanland
- Region: Styria
- Country: Austria
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Gris
- Soil type: Loess, Sand, Sandstone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Filtered - K300 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 20 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine is called Sand & Lime Reserve, because the vines grow on light sand and sandstone soils. It has just 12,6 vol% alcohol, but when you taste it, you will feel lot's of energy in this wine. It's a very long lasting wine for many years to go!
My name ist Gottfried Lamprecht. I am the head behind “Herrenhof Lamprecht”. The estate belonged to a monastery many decades ago. My aim is to recultivate this perfect slope for wine growing. Lucky me, I could start this from zero (there was no vine anymore!) in the year 2006. Now I can call myself a proud natural working winemaker. I never worked in a different way. Never!
The main thing I always wanted is to “put” this place, where I grew up – the Herrenhof, the slope, just everything, into a bottle of wine. Isn’t that a great idea, that a vine can reflect a specific terroir at its best and for many, many years? I really love this idea!
More from HERRENHOF LAMPRECHT