- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Nero d'Avola
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 26 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Rosso di Contrada: These are the youngest Nero d'Avola vineyards planted by us over the years, which surround our winery with a very inhomogeneous soil colour. Different exposures and slopes, create the Rosso di Contrada, it is the expression of our work and of a hill immersed in the nature of the place in the Buonivini district. To better understand the potential of each vineyard we have always separately vinified and refined each plot, we have never pressed the grapes they are only de-stemmed (whole berry) in order to enhance the characteristics that distinguish it and to maintain a greater respect to the raw material. It matures in 60 hl Allier oak barrels for at least a year. Bottling takes place on the fruit days of the lunar calendar. It is refined in the bottle for about a year. The product does not contain any oenological additive. Yield in wine 37 hl / ha
Taste it at...
- Montréal 2019