- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Nero d'Avola
- Soil type: Alluvial, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 30 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine takes its name from the frequent encounters with rabbits in this vineyard, cultivated as a freestanding bush (alberello "Impupato" Pachinese). At 30 meters above sea level, it is a flat land adjacent to a "saia" (water drainage channels created by the Arabs) which gives it cooler and more humid temperatures, especially during the hottest periods of the summer. The soil is deep, black clay of alluvial nature: on these soils the Nero d'Avola releases a splendid fruity, slim, fresh and dynamic taste. It is matured in steel tanks until the spring following the harvest, followed by a few months bottle aging.
Taste it at...
- Montréal 2019