- Appellation: Santa Ynez Valley
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties:
- Soil type: Alluvial, Gravel, Loam
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- Filtered - cross flow filter microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 40 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:60% Clone 1 on 5BB rootstock and 40% Musque on 5BB root stock | Brix at Harvest 21.4 |Aging 7 months tank and some used oak barrels | Bottled February 2017 | Hand harvested organically grown, whole cluster pressed to tank. Settled overnight prior to racking to tank and barrel. Fermented in tank 90% and neutral barrels 10%. ML inhibited. Fermented on native primary yeasts. No sulfur used upon pressing. Upon completion of primary fermentation 25ppm so2 added. The wine was racked once prior to tank to cold stabilize prior to bottling. Toal 40ppm so2 added. | 400 Cases produced. Tasting note: Picture the eccentric fruit basket of your summer dreams...This wine initially lures you in with aromatic scents of gooseberry, and a slight hint of spearmint on the nose, quickly complimented by lemon peel and succulent passion fruit. On the palate, fresh citrus and stone-fruit dance around. Not to be outdone by itself, the finish is ripe with bright acidity and calming tones.
Taste it at...
California, United States
COQUELICOT (ko-klee-ko) is the name “en Francais” of the striking red poppy flower that graces the French countryside, as well as all the labels on our wines. Our 58 acre vineyard is an organically farmed property in the heart of the Santa Ynez Valley. Sustainable farming and gentle, meticulous winemaking techniques converge to produce hand made, limited production wines.
More from Coquelicot Estate Vineyard - Rose & Son