- Appellation: IGT Venezia Giulia
- Region: Collio
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Ribolla Gialla
- Soil type: Marl, Sandstone
- Vessel type: Wood - New oak, Wood - Old oak
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 50 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The liquid crunchiness. The secret of its beauty does not bloom immediately in the nose, where it hides, but in the mouth where it is released. The thick skin rich in tannins gives the wine its own flavor: from dried fruit to soft and enveloping tannins with a long and persistent mineral finish. After a sip, you have the perception of chewing the wine. By immersing yourself in the glass and closing your eyes, the sensation increases: imagining walking among the rows and tasting the Ribolla Gialla grain by grain. The maceration begins in big oak barrels for 60 to 90 days. Finished the fermentation it gets aged in 20 or 30 hl barrels for 3 years and rests for 1 year in the bottles.
Our production focuses on making an excellent matter created by the works accomplished in the vineyard. The wine we produce represents our territory at his best, thanks to 60 to 90 days long skin maceration made in big oak barrels. Later on, we age the wine for 3 years in barrels and 1 year in bottles.
More from Damijan Podversic