- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: 50% Nerello mascalese,20% Grenache,30% white grapes (Grecanico,Carricante, Coda di Volpe)
- Soil type: Volcanic ,mixed stones and sand
- Vessel type: Other
- Filtered - Cartridge filter 5 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 12.5%
Bottle size: 75cl
Suitable for Vegetarian only - Not Vegan certified
Average age of vines: 80 years
This wine comes from an old ungrafted vineyard in contrada Nave on the north side of Mount Etna.The name of the vineyard, Quota N ,comes from the name of the streets in this rural area,called street Quota Nave at 1070 mt a.s.l.
Today, we are in our seventh harvest ! We work 4.5 ha divided into 8 vineyards at different heights and districts. We continue to recover old vineyards cultivated for 90% with traditional sapling. Today the company believes in the importance of a continuous comparison and sharing with other producers, in the knowledge of other territories and other varieties. So let’s try to interpret a territory and make it known inside a glass.
More from Eduardo Torres Acosta