- Appellation: Touraine-Amboise
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 30 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:2018, La Grange Tiphaine “Quatre Mains” is one of the most authentic expressions of Sauvignon Blanc from the homeland of the Loire. This wine expresses purity, freshness and balance - nothing is overpowering - just an excellent example of what great Sauvignon Blanc should be.
Match it with: Raw fish, delicious for apéritif, or just on its own.
Average age of vines: 50 years old
Vinification: Grapes are hand-harvested. Fermentation and ageing in old oak barrels.
Damien's first years on the estate were spent putting the vineyards in order. The estate is now certified organic and biodynamic. Spring de-budding, crop thinning and de-leafing (as required) ensure low yields and a beautiful ripeness that results in a poised balance thanks to the grapes' natural freshness that is the hallmark of the finest Loires.
More from Domaine La Grange Tiphaine