- Appellation: AOP Languedoc
- Region: South West
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Carignan, Grenache, Mourvèdre, Syrah
- Soil type: Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak
- Filtered - 5 microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Pour mon Père is a signature of Château de Gaure. The wine is associated with noble dishes throughout the meal. It goes well with game with truffles, mature cheeses and desserts made from dark chocolate. The name of the cuvée, Pour mon Père, is in homage to the father of Pierre Fabre but also to the fathers. A wine to be honored on beautiful occasions, surrounded by close or intimate. For an optimal tasting, you can decant the wine and drink it at 16°c.
Taste it at...
South West, France
One vineyard two terroirs Limoux – Land of white La Tour de France, Tautavel, Maury – Land of Red.
The vineyard is converted into organic farming since 2005.
The diversity of the terroirs ensures a unique typicity to the wines of Château de Gaure.
In the greatest respect, Pierre Fabre cures its soils, facilitates the adaptation of the vine to its soil by mastering its foliar architecture and favors low yields.
This method of cultivation, associated with the poverty of the soils and the advanced age of the vines, makes it possible to obtain concentrated and aromatic grapes.
More from Château de Gaure