- Appellation: POUILLY-VINZELLES
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay
- Soil type: Clay|Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 65 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Why not walk, listen and smell ? You are in the middle of the ploughed vines of la Soufrandière in Pouilly-Vinzelles Climat « Les Quarts », this terroir we think is one of the best in Burgundy, because we are deeply in love with it, but it could be that we have deep conviction. The earth here is soft, aerated, smelling of liquorice. It is alive. The Terroir is present, simply, surely. The climat « Les Quarts » is undoubtedly the best of appellation Pouilly-Vinzelles. The almost magic position of the South-East facing 40 to 68 year-old vines of Chardonnay here, plus the living clay and limestone soil (Bajocian with a lot of siliceous crystals) give birth to wines for the long term. A great Burgundy wine : a citrussy mineral nose and balance, complexity and richness in the mouth. 2007 proves it once again.
Domaine La Soufrandiere, our family property biodynamically farmed since 2001
More from La Soufrandiere - BRET BROTHERS