- Appellation: IGT Terre Siciliane
- Region: Sicily
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: 90% Nerello mascalese,10 % other local varieties
- Soil type: Volcanic mixed sand and stone ,ashes from different volcanic eruptions
- Vessel type: Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 12%
Bottle size: 75cl
Average age of vines: 50 years
Suitable for vegetarian only - Not vegan certified
This wine comes from an old vineyard in contrada Sciaranuova,in the north side of Mount Etna, at 850 mt a.s.l.The name of the vineyard is given by the presence of volcanic rocks coming from the extraction of a quarry on a lava flow of the 1614.
Today, we are in our seventh harvest ! We work 4.5 ha divided into 8 vineyards at different heights and districts. We continue to recover old vineyards cultivated for 90% with traditional sapling. Today the company believes in the importance of a continuous comparison and sharing with other producers, in the knowledge of other territories and other varieties. So let’s try to interpret a territory and make it known inside a glass.
More from Eduardo Torres Acosta