- Appellation: Côtes Catalanes IGP
- Region: Roussillon
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Syrah
- Soil type: Schist
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - paper microns.
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 31 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The Black Woodpecker, a bird with a black and red feather, a fine and pungent beak; he’s sedentary. We selected it for our cuvée of Syrah, coming from 15-year-old vines which establish themselves a little more each year in their terroir, shale hillsides. Like this bird, they settle down. The wine offers a nose with aromas of black and red berries, reminiscent of the smallness of its eye as well as the color of its plumage. We will also find notes of spices, pepper and a freshness on the palate; kinesthetic perceptions which recall the spicy side of the bird.
«We only occupy our children’s land for a while. So it’s up to us to take care of it, to be as honest as possible with ourselves about the choices we make, as simple as possible, and as respectful of this wealth in order to be able to transmit this heritage in its most beautiful spirit»
Domaine Blanc Plume was born from the idea of the resilience of nature and the need to return to more respectful agricultural fundamentals,
and we are convinced of the benefits of the precepts of biodynamics on our soils and vines, as well as by the return of animal traction for working the soil of the oldest vines (80 years old).
The vineyard is located in the heart of the future Corbières Fenouillèdes Regional Natural Park which is home to 47 species of birds protected by a European directive including the Milan Royal, an eagle with a white feather. Like an author’s wine, the baptismal name “Blanc Plume” also evokes for us the writer’s pen and the white of the page. Each new vintage is a new page for us to write and tell about.
Two white grape varieties (Chardonnay and Sauvignon) and Five red grape varieties (Syrah, Carignan, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Grenache). Raphaël Colin’s project consists of practicing winemaking, in concrete egg in particular, through a biodynamic and natural approach.
The vineyard received Demeter certification 2020.
More from Domaine Blanc Plume