Coronavirus - pulling together naturally...

Patio, 2015

By Vinos Patio

  • Region: Castilla - La Mancha
  • Country: Spain
  • Colour: Red
  • Grape Varieties: Syrah, Petit Verdot, Graciano
  • Soil type: Clay, Limestone
  • Vessel type: Other
  • Unfined.
  • Unfiltered.
  • No added sulphites.

Notes on additives, aids & processing used:

  • No temperature control.
  • Organic/Biodynamic/Equivalent
  • Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
  • This wine is fermented spontaneously.
  • Other Information:Alcohol: 12.5% Bottle size: 75cl - Weight 800 Certified Organic and Vegan Suitable for V and V Average age of vines: 16 years VARIETIES: Syrah predominates in the blend (60%) and the rest is petit verdot (40%). SOIL: The plots from which the grapes come are clayey-calcareous, and the syrah has a content very tall of sand getting berry size very small. HARVEST: The harvest was made of each variety separately, beginning with Syrah in the middle of September and ending with petit verdot a mid october. PREPARATION AND AGING: Each variety is destemmed, fermented and macerated separately with long macerations of 3 months. The alcoholic and malolactic fermentation are carried out spontaneously with yeast and bacteria natives. They are then pressed and raised separately in used French and American oak barrels for 11 months. After that time the coupage and bottled without filtration or correction, nor sulphited.

About Vinos Patio

Castilla - La Mancha, Spain

Our family culivates vines in the region of Mota del Cuervo and has done so for generations. We currently care for some 35Ha of different varieties, using manure, whey and support irrigation when necessary. In the cellar, we only use grapes and make natural wines.