- Appellation: Chalk Hill
- Region: California
- Country: United States
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Soil type: Chalk, Volcanic
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Kvevri/qvevri
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 1 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:From feral, unpruned old vines that were torn out days after picking.
Taste it at...
California, United States
2017 was my second vintage. Before the harvest I buried ten authentic Georgian qvevri in the earthen cellar at Coturri Winery. My winemaking is guided by ancient tradition, and inspired by properly grown, ripe California fruit. No additions or subtractions of any kind.
More from Caleb Leisure Wines