- Appellation: IGT Veneto
- Region: Veneto
- Country: Italy
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Malvasia Istriana
- Soil type: Alluvial, Volcanic
- Vessel type: Cement - Other, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 25 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Monemvasía is the name of the greek port from which the Venetians imported the Malvasia wines. The "Malvasie" were the taverns in Venice where they used to pour "navigated" wines (wines that came from places across the sea). Malvasia istriana is one of the numerous type of these grapes, less aromatic and more sapid. Harvested in late august 2018, the must remained in contact with the softly pressed grapes for about 5 days when spontaneous fermentation took place; after fermentation it refined in concrete tanks for about 9 months.
Our farm is located at the foot of the Euganean Hills, in the Italian province of Padova. Our effort is to produce wines that are expression of the grapes in our terroir and the persons behind them.
More from Nevio Scala società agricola