- Appellation: Cesanese del Piglio DOCG
- Region: Lazio
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cesanese di Affile
- Soil type: Volcanic
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Amphora, Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 20 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:We will present this wine as sample of tank. This wine is ageing now and it will be in bottle on May of this year. It will be avaiable on September 2019. Soft press of the overall bunchs with foots on the open-wooden vat. Fermentation on wooden vat and amphora. Ageing on damijhon and amphora. The sulphites in bottle will be <20mg/lt No. bottles : 500 / 0,75cl Alcool 14% vol
I come from a wine producer family. We have been cultivating grape wines for centuries. My father, Manfredi Berucci, is the one who started bottling wines from the best grapes during the 60s for commercial purpose. He soon became one of the three most important producers of Lazio Region. A few years ago, with my husband decided to recapture the tradition of classical wines made by my family, and I began cultivating old vineyards we still had.
My work on these vineyard began in 2009 and I produced only one Cesanese del Piglio docg wine, “L’Onda”.
From 2014 vintage we started producing more labels apart of “LOnda”, the “Rapahael” red froma Cesanese di Affile grape and “Raphael” withe from Passerina del Frusinate and typical local withe grapes.
We only cultivate original grapes of this land, mainly Cesanese d’Affile and Passerina, and I guard other ancient grapes jealously.
we own 1,8 hectars of old vineyards (from 40 to 80 years old), in 4 differnt cru: Mola da Piedi, Le Grotte, Casalotto, Colli Santi ,and 7000mq of new vineyard in Santa Maria Pugliano.
We follow a natural and organic approach from the beginning without any chemical help, and I use to make wine in a simple and direct way. Spontaneous fermentation by native yeasts.Natural clarification following the lunar calendar. Not yeast, enzymes and any other of winemaking product added. All wines have <30 mg/lt of sulfites and in the best harvests have not sulfites added.
From 2015 harvest with my husband Geminiano, we are following a olo – homeopathic approach in the vineyards, under suggestions of our mentor, Radko Tichavsky. He’s agro-homeopath teaching and consulting in Mexico, central and south America, and west Europe.
More from Azienda Agricola in Olo-Omeopatia "Maria Ernesta Berucci"