- Appellation: D.O. Alella
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Mourvèdre
- Soil type: Granite, Sand
- Vessel type: Wood - Other (e.g. acacia, cherry etc.)
- Filtered - Cellulose plate filter 1 microns.
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 8 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Dark in colour, the “Merla” lives amongst oak trees and vineyards, nourished by berries and grapes., Soil Sauló (sandy granitic), Altitude 150-300 m, Orientation Southeast, Rainfall 600 mm/year, Alcohol by volume 13.5% vol., NO ADDED SO2, Organic red wine made with a part of grapes without any treatment in the vineyard. After maceration- fermentation for 20 days with stems in acacia foudres, the grapes are lightly pressed and put in both barrels and foudres where the malolactic fermentation takes place. After 3 months of ageing, it will be bottled. No sulphites or any other products are added throughout the process.
“We constantly want to improve and delve deeper into organic agriculture, to obtain the purest grapes and wines”. With the aim of achieving quality wines without any addition of sulfites in the winemaking process, Alta Alella is strengthening efforts towards its organic philosophy: CELLER DE LES AUS is a project of future joining generations, based on the accumulated knowledge and experience of many years dedicated to wine.
More from Celler de les Aus