- Appellation: ROSATO RUBICONE IGP
- Region: Emilia Romagna
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Sangiovese
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Cement - Egg
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 60 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Andante, moderate adagio, allegro, presto: rhythm, so important in music, regulates the seasons and the cycle of life. The harmonic progressions of notes, as claimed by Pythagoras, reproduced in scales as the universal language of the cosmos: the harmony of nature has a soul of music. This is why at the Biodynamic Tenuta Mara, vines grow accompanied by classical music: strings, wind-instruments and musical chords flow in the air and embrace the plants that flourish, rocked by the harmonies of Mozart, like in an immense concert hall. TASTING NOTES Brilliant copper colour. Aroma of orange peel, candied sugar, vanilla and slightly of menthol. Sapid velvety mouth, well balanced acidity, very long finale. To be served fresh; great with beef tartar, first courses with truffles and oven baked and fried fish.
Taste it at...
Emilia Romagna, Italy
Tenuta Mara is a great living organism, 35 hectares totally, 11ht planted exclusively with Sangiovese and a perfect ecosystem which includes 800 bird nests, 70 boxes for bats, 10 nesting houses for insects, a small stable with three horses, as well as a permanent laboratory for artists and researchers.
The wines produced – today with a quantity of about 45 thousand bottles – are “MaraMia”- “Guiry” and “MaraMato”.
MaraMia: The grapes are harvested by hand, with delicate patience and after that they are selected with the strictest of criteria. The wine in the vats is then fermented with its natural yeasts which are found in the skin of the grape, without altering the normal temperature of the must, and finally the wine arrives in the cellar where it improves for eighteen months in large sized French oak casks. It then follows an ulterior aging period in bottles for twelve months before being poured into glasses and savoured.
Guiry: In 2014 Giury joined MaraMia, also a Biodynamic Sangiovese, produced from the youngest grapes at Tenuta Mara, and which rest for twelve months in “Tulipe” truncated tapered tanks, to not alter the young fruit with a woody flavour.
MaraMato: Since 2016, we have Maramato, using the process of white winemaking, by a soft pressing of the grapes and aged for twelve months in 500-litre tonneaux, this wine enriches the biodynamic proposal of the winery.
More from Tenuta Biodinamica Mara