- Region: Languedoc
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Grolleau, Pineau d'Aunis
- Soil type: Sand, Schist
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Cement - Other
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 45 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vine / Certified organically grown, full tillage, hand-harvest
Wine / minimal extraction, short vatting (7 days), ageing 2/3 in cement vat et 1/3 in barrels
Spirit / With no doubt grolleau is entitled to be considered every bit as outstanding as Cabernet-Franc
“Les Equilibristes” (the “Tightrope Walkers”) aim to shake up winemakers willing to craft different wines.
By freeing them from their habits and practices, they intend to shape together a vibrant and unique wine.
Their set of golden rules are the following: indigenous grape varieties, organic winemaking, tillage, indigenous yeasts, minimal sulphur rates.
10 vintages, 7 winemakers, 18 grape varieties, 5 regions (Anjou, Périgord, Languedoc, Corbières, Banyuls).
The 2 Equilibristes:
– François de Monval: “wine merchant”, cellar and restaurant owner in Paris (La Canonnière), wine enthusiast fed every day by its clients.
– Florent Girou: “travelling oenologist”, winemaker in the Perigord Region, wine-maniac, torn between the preservation of the ancient know how and the constant calling into question of some practices.
More from Les Equilibristes