- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Bordeaux
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Style: Sparkling
- Sweetness: Off-dry
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc
- Soil type: Clay, Sand
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The grapes are picked by hand, pressed in whole bunches and the juice cools down for about 12-24 hours. Alcoholic fermentation takes place in small stainless steel tank with indigenous yeasts, nothing is added to the wine. As soon as there's only about 6-8 grams of residual sugar left, I cool it down, bottle the wine and let the fermentation finish in the bottles.
The Mystère Pétillant means the sparkling mystery and I believe that's always the case with petnats, you never know what's inside until you open the bottle! The label is designed by Finnish illustrator Jenna Kunnas.
Nea Berglund runs her family estate Chateau Carsin (20ha) in Bordeaux. She plays with the traditions and rules of Bordeaux on the side with her authentic wine brand; Charivari Wines. All the fruit is organic and estate grown, no big manipulations, no clarifications and no filtering. A bit of so2 is added to all of the wines. Charivari is all about cheerful wines & happy moments!
More from Charivari Wines