- Region: Nelson
- Country: New Zealand
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Pinot Blanc
- Soil type: Alluvial, Clay, Gravel
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 9 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol:12%
Viognier, pinot gris, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay (15/10/40/35).
Quick one night skin contact, co-fermented and and aged in amphora.
Nelson, New Zealand
We are based in Upper Moutere, on the north west of the South Island of New Zealand. We have a small cellar where we craft zero additive wines from 10 different varieties. We currently farm 11 hectares of grapes across 4 vineyards (a combination of owned and leased), with soil types ranging from clay, to gravel and silt.
More from Alex Craighead Wines