- Appellation: Vin du Périgord
- Region: Languedoc
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Franc, Merlot
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 40 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vine / Tillage, organic fertilisers used for the past 20 years, green manure sown every autumn, organically grown under certification process, phytoterapy (thanks to the medicinal plants also grown on the vineyard) Wine / Hand harvest, vatting of Cabernet Franc grapes (whole), de-stemmed Merlot, indigenous yeasts, soft extractions, pressing stirred in, ageing on fine lees. Spirit : A greedy red wine with a Loire Valley style thanks to the prevailing of the Cabernet-Franc, vinified in whole bunches, and the Merlot on its terroir of origin.
Taste it at...
“Les Equilibristes” (the “Tightrope Walkers”) aim to shake up winemakers willing to craft different wines.
By freeing them from their habits and practices, they intend to shape together a vibrant and unique wine.
Their set of golden rules are the following: indigenous grape varieties, organic winemaking, tillage, indigenous yeasts, minimal sulphur rates.
10 vintages, 7 winemakers, 18 grape varieties, 5 regions (Anjou, Périgord, Languedoc, Corbières, Banyuls).
The 2 Equilibristes:
– François de Monval: “wine merchant”, cellar and restaurant owner in Paris (La Canonnière), wine enthusiast fed every day by its clients.
– Florent Girou: “travelling oenologist”, winemaker in the Perigord Region, wine-maniac, torn between the preservation of the ancient know how and the constant calling into question of some practices.
More from Les Equilibristes