- Appellation: Vin du Périgord
- Region: Languedoc
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Semillon, Sauvignon, Chenin Blanc
- Soil type: Clay
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 45 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vines / Tillage, organic fertilisers used for the past 20 years, green manure sowed every autumn, organically grown under certification process, phytoterapy (thanks to the medicinal plants also grown on the vineyard)
Wine / Maceration of the Sauvignon for 48 hours, the Semillon and the Chenin are directly but progressively pressed, indigenous yeasts, 20 % aged in 4 year-old barrels for 6 month with no toping-up, aging on fine lees.
Spirit / a white wine from the Southern-West region with unique, fresh and low tannin aromas thanks to the exquisite bitterness brought by the maceration of the Sauvignon and the Chenin
“Les Equilibristes” (the “Tightrope Walkers”) aim to shake up winemakers willing to craft different wines.
By freeing them from their habits and practices, they intend to shape together a vibrant and unique wine.
Their set of golden rules are the following: indigenous grape varieties, organic winemaking, tillage, indigenous yeasts, minimal sulphur rates.
10 vintages, 7 winemakers, 18 grape varieties, 5 regions (Anjou, Périgord, Languedoc, Corbières, Banyuls).
The 2 Equilibristes:
– François de Monval: “wine merchant”, cellar and restaurant owner in Paris (La Canonnière), wine enthusiast fed every day by its clients.
– Florent Girou: “travelling oenologist”, winemaker in the Perigord Region, wine-maniac, torn between the preservation of the ancient know how and the constant calling into question of some practices.
More from Les Equilibristes