- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Nascetta, Moscato Bianco, Incrocio Manzoni
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone, Marl
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Amphora
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 20 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:from indigenous grapes. Hand-harvested into small bins. Spontaneous fermentation and maceration of one week. Aged in raw amphora. Bottled with minimal sulphur (20mg/lt) and without sterile filtering or fining.
Taste it at...
We are Fausto and Cinzia Cellario, third generation of winemakers in the village of Carrù, on the western outskirts of the Langhe hills. We believe in working only with local, indigenous Piedmontese grape varieties and we fiercely defend the local winemaking traditions both in the vineyards and in the cellar.
We farm 13 hectars of vineyards (and some hazelnut trees) in three different sites covering the southern Langhe. The Dogliani plot is probably the family’s most prestigious land and we like to consider ourselves as “Dolcetto Specialits”.
Our farming is organic and we just use the indigenous yeasts in all the fermentations. Sulphur is absent or added only in small quantities during the pressing or bottling (just when necessary).
The wines are not fined. They are aged in big oak barrels, cement tanks or raw amphora.
The main varieties we farm: Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo, Favorita, Nascetta, Grignolino.
More from Poderi Cellario