- Appellation: CHAMPAGNE
- Region: Champagne
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - tangential filtration 0.45 microns.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 60 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:50% Pinot Noir - 50% Chardonnay Nice yellow ochre colour, Fine and creamy bubbles On the first nose, white fruits brimming with sunshine can be discerned. Very quickly the peach and the apricot pervade your senses, with some chamomile notes. On the palate, this wine provides genuine complexity, journeying between grilled notes and ripe fruits, with a full-bodied and tender finish. We recommend this cuvée with pan-fried foie gras fried on a bed of caramelized pears, with salmon carpaccio or as a pleasurable accompaniment for the entire meal
Champagne L&S Cheurlin, a story of a family and its terroir
Wine producers for several generations to date, the L&S Cheurlin expertise was initiated by their ancestors…
Sébastien still remembers long walks in the vineyards with his great grandfather Etienne, who would stand in the middle of the vines, teaching him to listen to and feel nature.
For Lucie, her sister, Etienne was a sort of magician who understood everything about plants and could heal no end of childhood ailments with herbal and plant-based remedies.
And they describe their father, Richard, as an epicurean and passionate of the nature. He used to tell them “the plants and the animals can tell us everything about the health of the soil and of our vines.” He taught them to respect the vineyards and to treat each plot separately as well as the wines it produced, so as to preserve each one’s individual identity.
With a childhood like that, it was only natural that after finishing their studies and trying their hand at a variety of jobs in the world of wine, Lucie & Sébastien were drawn to organic farming when they came back into the family domain.
Today they have 5 hectares of vines all cultivated organically and planted with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and a little of Pinot Blanc.
They’d be delighted to welcome you and let you taste their champagnes, made with love in their very special corner of La Côte des Bar.
More from CHAMPAGNE L&S CHEURLIN