- Appellation: AOC ALSACE
- Region: Alsace
- Country: France
- Colour: White
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Riesling, Pinot Auxerrois, Pinot Gris
- Soil type: Alluvial, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- Filtered - KIESELGUHR betwen 0.5 and 0.8 µ microns.
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 9 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
Taste it at...
The Envol Estate is a family Estate, resulting of the union of 2 families. Its vineyard stretches with in a radius of 15 km around the wine making plant, with an area of 21 hectares (about 50 acres)
This oppurtunity of working with a mosaic soil allows us to offer you a whole range of emotions during the tasting. We consider our wines of pleasure, of sharing and of gastronomy, being as natural as possible, and un a harmony with their soil. The Expression of our Terrroirs goes through a continuous observation of our vines and Nature around : the necessary basis for wine production is a living soil.
Those values have been used again in our visual identidy, the illustrating taking the Dandelion as a symbol. This flower refers to the ability to rise up above challenges of Life, and in harmony.
The main soils which stamp our wines :
- Grand Cru Florimont in Ingersheim, a relatively stony marl limestone terroir
- Grand Cru Steinert in Pfaffenheim, a terroir of limestone nature.
- Grand Cru Wineck Schlossberg of Katzenthal being a part of small family of the Alsatian granitic soils.
The whole vineyard is ruled in a bio-dinamic way for a better repesct of the plant where it grows. This aims at strengthening the vitality of the vine by improving natural exchanges between soil and roots in order to optimize the expression of the terroir in the grapes. Puting the living into the service of taste, such is our ambition.
More from Domaine de l'Envol