- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Loire
- Country: France
- Colour: Rosé
- Style: Sparkling
- Grape Varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Gamay, Grolleau Gris
- Soil type: Limestone, Schist
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Cabernet sauvignon is directly pressed and represents 60% of the blend. The last 40% is a saignée of Grolleau Gris and Gamay (20% each) from carbonic maceration. Afer blending the wine is fermented and bottled to keep gas according to the ancestral method so called "Pet Nat", without any addition of yeast or sugar. The must was bottled when there was 15-20g/l RS with the lees and the wine stays "sur latte" a couple of months (16 months) before disgorging. Not disgorged yet but the fermentation stopped.
My philosophy is to produce wines and ciders reflecting the diversity and richness of the terroirs of the Loire Valley / Normandy and to promote through various cuvees the complementarity of cultivars: grapes as Chenin blanc, Cabernet franc, Grolleau noir, Grolleau gris, Gamay as well as apples, pears. I work only with gravity and give the wines time to finish their natural processes without adding any additives.
More from Côme Isambert - Cristal Closed