- Appellation: Olevano Romano DOC RISERVA
- Region: Lazio
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Cesanese di Affile
- Soil type: Sandstone, Volcanic
- Vessel type: Other
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 27 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Cesanese Affile or Small 100%, the vines grow on both volcanic and sandstone soils. This composition is the special feature of Colle Pazzo (Cray Hill). Ferments in artisan chestnut barrels of 14 hectoliters FOR 2 YEARS. We decide to do it only in the best years. 2015 was the most beautiful climatically of the last 10 years. Only 600 bottles.
We're two green writers and grape growers. 6 HA between the Aniene River Valley and Prenestini Mountains, near Rome. In Colle Pazzo (Crazy Hill) we have rich red earth (volcanic), white sandstone of Cretaceous and sandy. We grow two indigenous grapes called Cesanese (red) and Malvasia Puntinata (White).
More from Cantine Riccardi Reale