- Appellation: Vin de France
- Region: Bordeaux
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Merlot, Bouchalès
- Soil type: Alluvial, Clay
- Vessel type: Cement - Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 15 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Special blend from pre-phylloxeric vines on 0,3 Ha, 400 vines. Non grafted. Through DNA and ampelography analysis we identified 11 (old) varieties, with majority of 65 % Bouchlalès and 25% Merlot. Other vines and part of the blend as Mancin, Castet, Cot, Carménère, Peloursin, Cab. Francs, Cab Sauvignon, Baco Red and 2 unknown hybrides...This plot is worked with horse. Manual harvesting, Natural cork. Full blend vinification.
Taste it at...
21 hectares of land, an old chapel from the twelfth century, a vineyard along the Dordogne river… You have entered the lands of Château de la Vieille Chapelle, located on the right bank in Bordeaux (Fronsac area).
We farm on 9 hectares of vines. Semillon, Merlot, Cabernet Francs, and an old plot of pre-phylloxeric vines on 0,3 Ha. These old vines consist of 11 different varieties out of which the Bouchalès, Mancin, Castet, Carmènère diseappears after the phylloxera crisis.
We farm organic since 2009 with 3 fundamentals in mind : (i) Active and lively soils and environment, (ii) grapes do not need anything to become wine and (iii) emotion in the glass, also for the souls.
More from Château de la Vieille Chapelle