- Appellation: None
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Xarel-Lo
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood - New oak, Stainless Steel, Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 4 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:This wine comes from a single vineyard, but there is one particularity, this parcel has many differences on soil and insolation. So we decided to make three different harvests from the same vineyard , in order to acheive three different grapes with the goal of producing a complex 100% Xarel·lo coming from the same vineyard.
Every harvest fermented separated with wild yeast. After every fermentation, each part aged for 3-4 month in different materials.
1st part: stainless steal fermented and aged for 3 month in demijohn.
2nd part: maceration of 1 day, stainless steal fermented and aged for 3 month in demijohn.
3rd part: skincontact fermentation (maceration of three weeks) and aged for 4 month in 500 L new oak barrel with blonde toast.
After every ageing process, the blendings were made and the final wine achived.
A wine to feel verietal expression and structure.
Ferran Lacruz is a young winemaker who is working with local grapes in Sant Martí Sarroca, a little village located in the heart of the Penedès wine region. Bodega Clandestina’s aim is to produce clean natural wines.
We promise you work and effort to bring wines which represents the most as we can our region and our personal growing vintage after vintage!
More from Bodega Clandestina