- Appellation: Bourgogne
- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: 100% Pinot Noir (extremely rare varieties dating back to 1964)
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: -10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol:13%
• Hand harvested into small containers
• Sorted at the vines and, if necessary, again at the sorting table.
• Whole bunch
• Semi carbonic maceration with cold soaking, pre-fermentation
• Ambient fermentation
• Indigenous yeasts
• No SO2.
• No chaptalisation or enzymes
• Elevage in futs, on the lees for 11 months without racking.
• Assembled in tank, 40 days before bottling
TASTING NOTE: A wine of great complexity. Flowers, red fruits on the nose. The palate is textured and mineral which balances incredible richness.
Few years ago, Julien Guillot took over the family estate. The 8 hectares of vineyards are cultivated using biodynamics methods. They applied themselves to produce natural red and white wines, showing liveliness and the real characters of the terroir in Cruzille (Bourgogne, Mâconnais).
More from Clos des Vignes du Maynes