- Appellation: D.O. Conca de Barberà
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Grenache
- Soil type: Schist, Slate
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Tinaja, Wood - Old oak, Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Vines planted in slate terroirs "Licorella" at 700 to 864 meters of high, with orientation of north face mountains of the Conca de Barberà. That’s permits with a late be harvested in the end of October, with good ripeness and acidity. The grapes are destemmed fruit with a manual selection of the grain by grain and scratch on the table. Then there is a stomping grapes, with an onset of soft and slow fermentation and fermentation control by hand we do a gentle "pigeage with the fingers". The fermentation temperature is controlled between 18 to 20 degrees. A long post-fermentation maceration 2/4 months . We give a silky extraction with polysaccharides in the mouth and widen the palate. The malolactic fermentation is spontaneous. Aged in amphorae and Demi Muids. Elements of consistency of this wine are the expression of the maturation of these varieties taken to the extreme, express forcefully taken with a very elegant style.
Costador Terroirs & Metamporphika are single vineyard. We produce organic wines from old mountain vineyards. We work with more than 20 grapes varieties in Conca Barbera , Priorat & Tarragona. We make artisanal wines fermented and aged in amphorae and also elaborate Ancestral Wines ” PetNats”.
More from Costador Mediterrani Terroirs