- Region: Burgundy
- Country: France
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Aligoté, Gamay
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 0 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:The brand "Athénaïs" has been launched to create a range of wines produced in beautiful appellations in the north of Burgundy, Yonne, and gave birth in 2010, to a selection of wines, among which.
Vinification: The grapes are harvested by hand, which have been cultivated in harmony with the nature. Then grapes are taken to the estate. Spontaneous co-fermentation in stainless steel with indigenous yeasts. The wine is aged in stainless steel, no fining, no filtration and no sulphites added.
2016 was a frustrating year for many wine producers including Athénais de Béru. On a cold and dark night in April, a frost destroyed the entire vintage.
Athénais jumped into an old car and hit the road towards the warm and sunny south of France in search of healthy grapes from her winemaker friends. She brought back some beautiful grapes and produces a unique vintage called “Deci Dela” (meaning “from here and there”). This vintage is born from the solidarity of the winemaking community and Athénais’ brilliant winemaking skills.
More from Athénais de Béru