- Region: Burgenland
- Country: Austria
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Zweigelt
- Soil type: Gols (Gravel plateau and Seewinkel gravel) and Neusidl vineyards
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 15 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Alcohol: 12.5%
Suitable for both vegetarians and vegans
• Manual harvested
• Spontaneous fermentation in stainless steel tanks
• 2 weeks of maceration
• Malolactic fermentation in large wooden casks
• Indigenous yeast
• Matured in used barriques
TASTING NOTE: Dark ruby red; intense pronounced cherry and sour cherry fruit on the nose, the palate is juicy and youthful with supple tannins and elegant spice on the finish.
Judith Beck lives amongst her vines, so you can be sure that she has developed a deep relationship with them. She prefers traditional varieties like Zweigelt, Blaufränkisch, St. Laurent, Weissburgunder and Chardonnay which are grown on the slopes of the Wagram, east of the Neusiedler lake.
More from Weingut Judith Beck